- SM M&L implements the devised Policies and manages the daily operations of materials & logistics department.
- Ensures effective inventory management through inventory planning and forecasting. Takes cost control initiatives for continuous improvements.
- Ensures smooth processing of Custom Clearance
Roles & Responsibilities
Implement M & L Policies
- Ensures effective implementation of PTCLs Materials & Logistics Management policies, procedures, systems, and standards throughout M&L.
Administers M & L Operations
- Administers Materials & Logistics Management operations, encompassing all areas of materials receipts, warehousing, storage and distribution and safety and security.
- Responsible for all imports, custom clearance, freight forwarding, transportation of materials throughout the country.
- Performs operational, administrative, and communications functions as required in the process of M&L Management operations.
Inventory Planning and Forecasting
- Ensures uninterrupted supply of materials and logistics services to the end users and projects in his assigned zone through proper inventory planning and control.
- Engages in periodic materials requirement planning, forecasting and reporting process to help initiate timely procurement and delivery systems.
- Implements cost control and cost minimization measures as directed by the higher ups at all levels of M&L Management function.
- Interacts interdepartmentally to streamline procedures and establish work requirements.
- Liaison with vendors, government agencies and statutory authorities.
M&L module in SAP
- Consolidation of Regional Store Depots and inventory management as per SAP Material Management Manual.
- Ensure compliance with budgets, targets, and deadlines through the implementation of cost-efficient controls.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards.
Undertake performance management
- Monitor and evaluate reporting employees.
Custom Clearance,Materials handling, warehouse operations, Inventory Management and transportation prior work experience of 5-8 years.
MBA in Supply Chain / Finance. Certification in Procurement & Supply Chain Required Skills
Inventory Management, custom clearance, Warehouse Operations, materials handling