Develops and maintain the BI strategy, involves setting direction, guiding the planning process to develop the vision and business rationale, and establishing the overall approach. The purpose is also to sell, evangelize and motivate business users to contribute time to the effort, reinforce the role of BI in the business. Promote clarity and efficiency in using data to drive decision-making by developing specific semantics to serve the end users while forming architecture to handle data within data warehouses and other storage platforms.
- Monitor industry trends and identify emerging technologies that should be adopted.
- Analyze business drivers, confirm business goals, identify business metrics, develop and maintain BI strategy
- Reinforce accuracy and confidence in decisions
- Measurement of performance and benchmarking progress toward business goals
The role is required to develop a framework for organizing the data, information management and technology components that are used to build business intelligence systems for reporting and data analytics. Defines data and tools standards, including tools for use in data modeling, metadata management, structured queries and OLAP analysis.
- Interface with the business users to understand the functional requirements and translate them into work packages to be developed and implemented by respective teams
- Design, develop and maintain the semantic data model to express the fact-oriented information that enable the end user interpretation of trends in business KPIs
- Quantitative analysis through predictive analytics, predictive modeling, business process modeling and statistical analysis
- Reporting and analysis of departmental, regional and enterprise perspectives of data, generate useful insights
Masters/ BS degree in computer science
At least 6-8 years of experience with expertise in the following domains:
- The candidate should have prior experience of implementing and managing BI environments for large scale organizations.
- Proficient in semantic data modeling, BI schema design, conversant with leading BI tools including Micro strategy and OBI. Highly skilled in SQL.
- Familiar with the emerging data technologies.