The purpose of the role is to establish and manage a practice for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining the enterprise data architecture, implementing a multi-tier storage platform defining how data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities, information system and business applications.
- Define the data strategy
- Implement tools and technologies to make data available for downstream business applications
- Design and develop data models/ structures to host data
- Ensure the data integrity and completeness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is required to perform data modeling, develop data policies, define data strategy, build data warehouse, enable data querying and identify systems that are best for addressing data storage, retrieval and management. Solution Architect is responsible for translating the requirements created by analysts into the architecture for that solution and describing it through architecture and design artifacts and to select the appropriate technology for the problem
- Perform data modeling activities while ensuring new information sources are properly mapped in the data warehouse
- Define and execute ETL methodology for data movement between different system
- Prepare analytical datasets to be used by downstream business intelligence and analytical applications
- Responsible for providing level-2 support for troubleshooting operations
- Look after the end to end data warehouse development lifecycle while complying with all company policies and procedures
Masters/ BS Degree in computer science
At least 6-8 years of overall work experience with expertise in the following domains:
- The candidate should have prior experience of managing the data warehouse development lifecycle
- Proficient in data modeling and database design, experienced across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization. Highly skilled in SQL development as well as database administration
- Familiar with the emerging data technologies: In addition to depth in established data management and reporting technologies, the candidate should be experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
- The candidate must understand the modern data architectures sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and customer focus for providing exemplary customer experience
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team to carry out assignments for completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Should be able to lead by example and help team members to perform and accomplish the competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for guiding less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.