· Responsible for the installation, modification, up-gradation, troubleshooting, and repair process for network related hardware including Routers, Switches and Firewalls across the whole enterprise network.
· Performs operational activities with regards to the IP/MPLS & enterprise network.
· Ensures the network stability and availability and follow daily tasks of Network operations.
· Provides higher technical support to other operational teams with regards to network infrastructure and escalate major issues to vendors.
· Executes configuration changes and fixes software issues.
· Proactively performs corrective maintenance of network.
· Reviews network design, highlights issues and recommends for fixes.
· Produce periodic reports about the network activities, network performance and capacity.
· Analyses of complex network issues and recommend for solution.
· Reviews and updates ITDC network documentation covering the drawings, technical documents and as-built documents.
· Supervises the tasks related to planned activities in the network
· Executes the plans of preventive maintenance tasks.
Required Skills and expertise:
· Good analytical and arithmetic skills
· Good subject knowledge in Data Networks
· Good troubleshooting skills
· In depth Knowledge on VPNs
· Expert level Knowledge of Routing Protocols (MPLS,BGP,EIGRP,OSPF)
· Expert level Knowledge on Route Maps & Policy Routing
· Expert level Knowledge on Switching technologies
· Good Knowledge on Cisco Nexus Platform
· Hands on experience on various Networking platforms
BS/ Master’s degree in computer science/ Equivalent degree in related field
4-6 years of experience in the relevant fields (CCIE R&S or SP will be an edge)