Job Role Description
· Work with various teams to understand network architecture standards, user base, product and service offering, performance constraints and growth requirements in PTCL broadband network and services
· Facilitate design and develop the broadband network and services for upgrade, and expansion within Network Planning team and externally with other cross functional teams.
· Perform data analysis from a diverse number of data sources to help create a network strategy and business cases for augmenting capacities, location and facilities.
· Plan for network changes to accommodate growth and increase network resiliency
· Work with procurement and other teams to devise strategies on hardware and network acquisitions
· Oversee and drive network design plans to be implemented in the network
· Hardware inventory management of broadband network and RFP preparation for new hardware procurement.
· Embracing new technology trends in broadband networks and preparation of plans to develop a future-proof broadband IP/MPLS network.
· Preparation of technical specification for products to be deployed in the edge layer.
· Project preparation and technical evaluation of vendor solutions
· Network planning experience for fixed wireline and wireless converged networks.
· Strong knowledge of broadband network infrastructure and technologies, Metro Ethernet, BRAS/BNGs, DPIs, Multicast, AAA, DNS. CDN and internet caching architectures and products
· Strong knowledge of design principles in IP and Metro Aggregation and Access Networks
· Broad knowledge and deep understanding of IP/MPLS protocols, VLAN/STP, IGP/BGP, IPv6, LDP/RSVP-TE, VLL/VPLS/VPN, IP and MPLS Multicast, QoS.
· Strong understanding of Layer1/Layer2 technology, such as DWDM, SDH/SONET, Pseudo-Wires
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer sciences
· 4+ year experience in working in Carrier/ISP environment
· Experience of working with industry leading vendors is preferable.