Job Role Description
· Work with various teams to understand network architecture standards, user base, product and service offering, performance constraints and growth requirements in PTCL IP/MPLS Core network
· Facilitate design and develop the IP/MPLS Core network and services for upgrade, and expansion within Network Planning team and externally with other cross functional teams.
· Embracing new technology trends in multiservice core IP/MPLS networks and preparation of plans to develop a future-proof converged IP/MPLS network.
· Perform data analysis from a large number of data sources to help create a network strategy and business cases for augmenting capacities, location and facilities.
· Plan for network changes to accommodate growth in Core IP/MPLS network services and increase network resiliency
· Work with procurement and other teams to devise strategies on hardware and network acquisitions
· Oversee and drive network design plans to be implemented in the core IP/MPLS network
· Hardware inventory management of IP/MPLS network and RFP preparation for new hardware procurement.
· Preparation of technical specification for products and architecture to be deployed in the core layer.
· Project preparation and technical evaluation of vendor core products and solutions
· Network planning experience for fixed wireline and wireless converged core networks
· Strong knowledge of IP/MPLS core network infrastructure and technologies and architectures.
· Strong knowledge of design principles in IP and Multiservice Core networks
· Broad knowledge and deep understanding of IP/MPLS protocols, VLAN/STP, IGP/BGP, IPv6, LDP/RSVP-TE, VLL/VPLS/VPN, IP and MPLS Multicast, QoS/CoS and next generation Multicast architectures
· Strong understanding of Layer1/Layer2 technology, such as DWDM, SDH/SONET , Pseudo-Wires
· 4+ years’ experience in working in Carrier/ISP environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer sciences