Responsible for the installation, modification, up-gradation, troubleshooting, and repair process for network related hardware including Routers, Switches and Firewalls across the whole enterprise network.
1. Basic Functions Perform operational activities with regards to the IP/MPLS & enterprise network and ensure the network stability and availability and follow daily tasks of Network operation.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide higher technical support to other operations teams with regards to network infrastructure and escalate to vendors the major issues.
• Execute configuration changes and software issues fixes.
• Proactively perform corrective maintenance of network.
• Coordination with vendors for support and faulty equipment’s replacement.
• Review network design, highlight issues and recommend for fixes.
• Produce periodic reports about the network activities, network performance and capacity.
• Analyses of complex network issues and recommend for solution.
• Review and update ITDC network documentation covering the drawings, technical documents and as-built documents.
• Supervise the tasks related to planned activities in the network
• Execute the plans of preventive maintenance tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Characteristics:
Good analytical and arithmetic skills
Good subject knowledge either in computer science or telecommunication
Good troubleshooting skills
Good Knowledge on Cisco security appliances
Good Knowledge on VPNs
Good Knowledge on Routing Protocols (MPLS,BGP,EIGRP,OSPF)
Good Knowledge on Route Maps & Policy Routing
Good Knowledge on Switching technologies
Good Knowledge on Cisco Nexus Platform
Good Knowledge on Static Routing with tracks
Following certifications will be plus point for this position:
- CCIE-R&S or CCIE-SP
- CCNA Security Certified