ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Planning & Leadership:
- Review and evaluate business needs of End Users as per company’s prevailing policies and standard operating procedure.
- Develop Procurement Strategy, obtain approvals, update and monitor procurement plan.
- Develops and implements control and follow up system that accurately and immediately detect variation or non-adherence to agreements in order to protect the Corporation interest.
- Carry out market intelligence to identify trends relating to technology, products, pricing, vendors and other developments.
Benchmark pricing and recommend opportunities to improve vendor quality and capability for value creation.
- Provide all information and documents for tender compilation to POT.
- Bid opening as per the approved policy and procedures.
- Evaluate bids and prepare evaluation report as per evaluation criteria defined in Procurement Strategy.
- Manage Coordination with potential vendor(s) during the evaluation and negotiation phase.
- Negotiate with potential vendor(s) and recommend vendor(s) for award.
- Submit case for approval of award as per DoP.
- Intimate POT to initiate the O & M process along with all the key documents including but not limited to approved strategy, BoQs, approved case etc.
- Recommend amendments / cancellation / termination in Contracts / POs as per policy & procedures and obtain approval as per DoP.
- Prepares/executes O& M contact renewals in timely manner to avoid service interruptions .
- Opening and evaluation of the documents received for pre-qualification of the vendor(s) and prepare evaluation report.
- Recommend the pre-qualified vendors for floating open/limited tender.
Monitoring & Control:
Monitor Contracts finalization process from the award till the signing of contracts. Reviews standard and non-standard contracts drafts and necessary documents. Reviews Commercial, Legal, Technical remarks and submits comments to ensure that necessary amendments that protect the PTCL interest are incorporated.
- Assess reports from subordinates on the effect of the new local government/international rules and regulations in order to minimize possible effect on PTCL’s standing rules and conditions.
- Review complaints received from Contractors or respective Departments on the proper implementation of contract, together with Procurement Operational Team, investigate the same, discuss with concerned parties and raise required report and recommendations to superior.
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external policies, regulations and laws.
- Weekly/fortnightly and monthly review of all tenders to ensure timely ordering.
Undertake Performance Management:
- Monitor and evaluate reporting employees
- To arrange smooth succession, rotations and annual leaves planning of the team