AM big data will help and assist in discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver even better business results. Primary focus shall be on administering the big data platform to ensure smooth operations. AM Big data shall also play a key role in researching the best optimization practices of big data platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage operations of the big data appliance machine.
- Optimize and Performance tuning of the cluster by changing the parameters based on the benchmarking results.
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation and support of Big Data applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Work with large streams of data with tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flume etc.
- Play a key role in large development projects that utilize big data skills to define and develop high-performance, cutting edge solutions
- Participate in all levels of the development lifecycle of new and existing big data projects.
- Consult with team members on technical design approaches.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Familiar with statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Fresh grad or 1 year of experience in oracle data base administration.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Data Science certifications shall be a plus.