- Microwave Network Topology Planning based on Capacity requirements within available frequency channel resources.
- Link Budgeting and Interference Analyses for point to point Microwave Links based on PTCL pre-defined KPIs.
- Microwave Network performance management using performance reports generated from NMS and subsequent recommendations to optimize existing design of operational microwave network.
- Microwave Network optimization and resilience plans considering options like synergy with PTCL’s optical fiber network.
- Verification of Line of Sight (LOS) survey reports.
- Assistance in RFP/RFQ preparation and technical evaluation of Microwave Network Solution and Design along with Bill of Quantity (BoQ) from the bidders.
- Negotiations with vendors and preparation of Microwave Acceptance, Responsibility Matrix documents.
- Assistance in Budget forecast, project costing and business case analyses.
- Liaison with internal and external customers at required levels to meet Microwave Planning deliverables and to follow up with PMO in an efficient and timely manner.
- Managing database of complete PTCL Microwave Network along with tracking of inventory of various projects.
- Ability to work under pressure at times and meet target deadlines.
Minimum Required Relevant Experience: 3 – 7 Years
Required Skill Set:
- In depth knowledge of microwave design and planning theory.
- Experience in all types of Microwaves Types (TDM, Hybrid, and Packet).
- Hands on experience of using Microwave Planning Tools like TEMS, PathLoss, Ellipse or Connect etc.
- Hands on experience of using Google Earth, Map Info etc.
- Proficient in presentational skills using MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Word.
Good to Have (Preferred):
- Working experience and understanding of microwave equipment from various renowned (e.g Nera, Ericsson, Huawei, ZTE, NEC etc.)
- Hands on experience of using Microwave NMS for performance management and reporting purposes.
- Knowledge and experience (Planning or Integration) of IP and Ethernet networks.
- Knowledge and experience (Planning or Integration) of Optical Transport Networks (DWDM, SDH).